LONDON, UK – September 29 2016 – SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT) (TSX: SMA) an innovator and leading global provider of collaboration solutions, has signed a new distribution agreement with Crystalised, one of the UK’s leading providers in ICT solutions for education. The agreement is designed to make the acquisition of classroom technology in the UK easier and more affordable. Crystalised is the first authorised SMART ClaaS [Classroom as a Service] provider in the UK.
ClaaS allows schools to benefit from the latest hardware, software, and support by making affordable monthly or quarterly payments over the length of a defined subscription term. ClaaS helps teachers educate students on the technologies that are erasing borders and shaping the world around them without the worry of budget constraints and cutbacks.
ClaaS is designed to help schools:
- Maximise their budget with savings that can amount to as much as 40 percent when compared to an outright purchase
- Release capital from their existing IT assets to help finance their new ClaaS subscription
- Receive ongoing servicing, training and maintenance which is covered by the agreement, ensuring schools and teachers get the most from technology
- Add more equipment and services as and when required
- Potentially include other equipment and services such as; tablets, PCs, printers and Wi-Fi from other best of breed suppliers
- Build in a regular refresh to ensure they always have the latest learning technology
- Be flexible: choose a convenient term length (for example: 3, 4 or 5 years) with the ability to renew the contract, negotiate a new contract or end the contract at the end of the original term
Jane Ashworth, UK Managing Director, SMART Technologies commented: “We are thrilled to announce Crystalised as our third distributor in the UK, effective October 1st. As a value added distributor with a significant amount of specialist experience, their solution approach seamlessly compliments our full portfolio which includes: innovative touchscreen technologies, compelling software and comprehensive services. Crystalised will focus on building momentum of our SMART ClaaS offering that has been well received by customers seeking a more affordable way to procure. We believe resellers will find this programme truly beneficial as it helps to drive customer loyalty and optimise continued business.”
Steve McKeever, Managing Director, Crystalised commented; “We are very pleased to be working with SMART Technologies and to have been appointed not only as a leading SMART hardware and software distributor within the education and enterprise markets but also to be appointed as the first authorised SMART ClaaS partner in the UK. Through the agreement we’re now able to bring affordable world class learning solutions to the classroom for the next generation.”
To learn more about partnering with SMART in the UK, visit http://home.smarttech.com
About SMART Solutions for Education
Nearly 70 million teachers and students around the world use SMART solutions for education to make learning more interactive, engaging, effective and fun. A consistent innovator and the inventor of the SMART Board® and SMART’s Learning Suite (featuring SMART amp™, SMART Lesson Activity Builder, and the world’s most popular collaborative learning software, SMART Notebook®). With a full range of interactive displays, including flat panels, projectors, whiteboards and the SMART kapp™ digital capture board, SMART helps educators achieve better learning outcomes. To learn more, visit smarttech.com/education.
SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) is a world leader in collaboration solutions that are redefining the way the world works and learns. We are an innovator in interactive touch technologies and software that inspire collaboration in both education and businesses around the globe. To learn more, visit smarttech.com.